Medical Malpractice Lawyers in New Jersey
We constantly put our trust in the hands of doctors and other medical professionals, especially when we are sick or injured. Unfortunately, mistakes happen in hospitals, doctors’ offices, nursing homes and other healthcare facilities. If a doctor’s treatment or negligence has actually caused you harm or injury, you may be a victim of medical malpractice and need to file a medical malpractice lawsuit in NJ.
In this case, the medical malpractice lawyers at Team Law have 60 years of medical malpractice case experience and are here to provide you with the best legal assistance possible. See Medical Malpractice Verdicts and Settlements. We will fight for your rights and will work diligently to get you the maximum compensation possible for your injuries.
Examples of Common Medical Malpractice Claims in Union, Essex, Middlesex & Hudson Counties in New Jersey
When a doctor, nurse, other healthcare professional or even a healthcare facility causes harm to you or a loved one, the injuries can be permanent. A negligent medical professional’s mistake can be devastating for the affected family. If you are dealing with injuries from any of the following common medical malpractice situations, call Team Law for compassionate legal representation today.
- Misdiagnosis or Delayed Diagnosis: If a doctor fails to detect a condition, or doesn’t make a diagnosis until the condition has significantly worsened, it may be too late for some treatments.
- Birth Injuries: Brain injuries, including cerebral palsy, as well as broken bones and permanent birth defects, can occur when a doctor or nurse makes a mistake during the labor and delivery process. Further, failure to quickly diagnosis a birth injury is medical negligence, as well.
- Medication Errors: More than 1.5 million people are impacted by medication mistakes in healthcare facilities. Sometimes, the doctor orders the wrong prescription or the nurse doesn’t administer the doctor’s orders properly. Other times, there is a problem with the equipment used to deliver the drug causing the patient to receive too much or not enough of a critical drug.
- Operating Room Errors: When a surgeon makes a mistake in the OR, the results can be disastrous. It’s not completely uncommon to hear about the wrong limbs being amputated or the wrong organ being operated on. Unnecessary procedures also may be considered medical malpractice.
- Anesthesia Errors: Even worse than general operating room errors, a mistake by an anesthesiologist can be deadly. At the least, there will be permanent injury and, quite possibly, brain damage, if a patient is given the wrong amount of anesthesia or isn’t properly monitored during the procedure.
Additionally, if a patient is made to wait an excessively long amount of time to see a healthcare professional in an emergency room, injuries and conditions can worsen. Any improper treatment or failure to properly care for a patient while under a doctor’s care may bring rise to a medical malpractice lawsuit. Contact Team Law for experienced, compassionate legal advice.
What Constitutes Medical Malpractice in New Jersey?
According to the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys, the following criteria must be met for a successful medical malpractice lawsuit:
- Standard of care was breached. You must be able to prove that the minimal standard of care was not provided by the health care professional in question.
- Negligence is the cause of the injury. You must be able to prove that your injury was caused by the healthcare professional’s negligence and never would have occurred otherwise.
- The injury caused significant damage. The damage associated with your injury must outweigh the cost and time of carrying out a medical malpractice lawsuit.
You may be unsure whether your injury meets all three of these criteria. The group of NJ medical malpractice attorneys at Team Law have more than 60 years of experience assessing the damage done to medical malpractice victims. Our personal injury attorneys will gladly assess every detail of your case and help you understand the complexities involved in medical malpractice laws.
Compassionate, Skilled Medical Malpractice Lawyers Fight for Victims’ Rights in New Brunswick, Rahway and Jersey City, NJ
Why should I seek legal counsel after I think medical malpractice has occurred?
- An experienced medical malpractice attorney will help you determine whether malpractice has occurred.
- Be provided with assistance understanding complex medical malpractice laws.
- Obtain financial compensation for medical expenses, lost income, and suffering associated with your medical malpractice injury.
Schedule a Free Consultation with an Experienced Attorney at Team Law Today
If you think you may have been a medical negligence victim, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance. Team Law serves clients throughout Essex, Hudson, Union and Middlesex counties and throughout NJ from many convenient office locations including Clark, West New York, Edison, Newark, Orange, Jersey City, Plainfield, Irvington, Rahway, New Brunswick, Summit and Westfield.Fill out our contact form or call (732) 388-5454 today to schedule your free consultation with the renowned medical malpractice attorneys at Team Law.