New Jersey Medical Malpractice Lawyers Representing Clients in Delayed Diagnosis of Cancer Cases
Advances in medicine have given hope to cancer patients. Some cancers that were once incurable may now be treated effectively if caught early. Even when a cure is not possible, early detection may expand treatment options or improve a patient’s quality of life.
When New Jersey Doctors Fail to Diagnose Cancer
Doctors who fail to diagnose cancer in a timely manner deprive cancer patients of treatment options that might have saved or extended their lives. Delayed diagnosis of cancer can rob you of:
- More time to enjoy life
- Less radical treatment options
- Less pain and suffering
- A better long-term prognosis
Led by medical malpractice attorney Roy J. Konray, the medical malpractice attorneys at Team Law represent people in New Jersey who suffered harm due to the delayed diagnosis of cancer. We also represent the family members of those who died because doctors failed to diagnose cancer in a timely manner.
If you or a family member were harmed because of a misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose or delayed diagnosis of cancer, please contact Team Law to discuss your case. We offer a free initial consultation and case evaluation.
Sadly, a delayed diagnosis does not affect treatment plans or outcomes in some devastating types of cancer. Pancreatic cancer, for example, has the worst five-year survival rate of any form of cancer, according to the National Cancer Institute. Even with an early diagnosis, few options are available.
Early Detection Makes a Difference in Some Cases
We represent clients who would have experienced a significantly different outcome had their doctors diagnosed cancer earlier. These types of cases include:
- Melanoma: Melanoma is aggressive cancer but caught early, the survival statistics for a person with melanoma are excellent. Even a short delay in diagnosis can turn a treatable condition into a terrible, metastatic disease.
- Breast cancer: Early diagnosis of breast cancer can be lifesaving. It can also result in less disfiguring surgery and more tolerable post-surgical treatment. Cancer can spread throughout the body if breast cancer is not timely and correctly diagnosed.
- Cervical cancer: The Pap smear is perhaps the most successful cancer screening test in the world, yet mistakes that delay diagnosis of cervical cancer are still far too common. Mistakes in analyzing the samples and failure to follow established procedure can needlessly put lives at risk.
- Uterine cancer: Misdiagnosing symptoms of uterine cancer can delay diagnosis of this aggressive cancer and cost a patient her life.
Contact an Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorney
Whether or not your type of cancer is listed above, please contact us online or call (732) 388-5454 if you believe you were harmed by delayed diagnosis of cancer. We offer a free consultation to discuss your case. We’ll listen to you describe your circumstances and tell you whether or not you have an actionable medical malpractice claim. Our lawyers have won millions of dollars in financial compensation for people injured by medical malpractice and the family members of those who died a wrongful death due to malpractice.
Team Law serves clients throughout Essex, Hudson, Union and Middlesex counties and throughout NJ from many convenient office locations including Clark, West New York, Edison, Newark, Orange, Jersey City, Perth Amoby, New Brunswick, and Middletown.