New Jersey Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys
We have offices by appointment in Elizabeth-New Brunswick-West New York-Plainfield-Edison-Perth Amboy-Newark-Jersey City-Orange-Westfield-and Summit New Jersey
Have you or a loved one been involved in a recent motor vehicle accident? If so, contacting an experienced motor vehicle accident attorney will be one of your top priorities. If your accident occurred in Union, Essex, Hudson or Middlesex counties or any of the surrounding communities, you need a skilled car accident lawyer who will fight for you and work tirelessly to get you compensated for your injuries.
The New Jersey personal injury attorneys at Team Law have more than 60 years of experience helping motor vehicle accident victims receive the justice they deserve. See examples of our NJ Motor Vehicle Accident Verdicts & Settlements.
NJ Accident Lawyers Fight for Your Rights in Car Accidents in Newark, Rahway, Summit, Elizabeth and Beyond
The statistics for motor vehicle accidents in the United States are certainly staggering. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), approximately 5.5 million car accidents occur annually, resulting in more than two million injured people and 30,000 fatalities. Since our society relies so heavily on driving, these numbers don’t truly have an impact on our actions until you or a loved one are a car accident victim yourself.
Most Common Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents:
Most Common Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents:
- Distracted Driving– NHTSA defines distracted driving as “any activity that could divert a person’s attention away from the primary task of driving.” Distracted driving accounts for approximately 18 percent of motor vehicle accidents and includes driving while texting, talking on the phone, fiddling with the stereo, adjusting a navigation system, eating, etc.
- Fatigued Driving– After distracted driving, fatigued driving – also known as drowsy driving – is the leading cause of car accidents, accounting for 100,000 crashes annually.
- Aggressive Driving– We can typically recognize an aggressive driver on NJ roads and highways, but NHTSA’s official definition is: “an individual commit(ing) a combination of moving traffic offenses so as to endanger other persons or property.” Signs of aggressive driving include: tailgating, flashing lights, frequent and/or illegal lane changes, obscene gestures, and disregarding traffic signs and signals.
- Impaired Driving– Impaired driving encompasses driving while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. Some of the most fatal accidents involve driving over New Jersey’s legal BAC level, which is eight percent. According to NHTSA, drunk driving caused 10,000 fatalities in 2010; this works out to a death from drunk driving every 51 minutes. If you have been the victim of a drunk driving accident, please visit Team Law’s DUI/DWI page.
- Speeding– Ignoring the local speed limit is dangerous. It’s based on the specific road’s geography, anticipated traffic, and part of town. Speeding provides the driver with less time to react to road conditions and magnifies the severity of an accident.
- Weather Conditions– It is no secret that driving becomes more dangerous when roads are slick or visibility is compromised. Driving during extreme weather is not always avoidable, and even the safest driver can be a victim of a car accident during these circumstances. Weather conditions that compromise driving safety include rain, snow, hail, ice, fog, and high winds.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Skilled Accident Lawyer in Clark, Jersey City or Newark Today
Contact the highly experienced personal injury attorneys at Team Law now. We will get an understanding of all the details of your accident. We will also provide with the help you deserve during this distressing time. We have nine conveniently located offices to serve clients including Clark, Rahway, East Brunswick, Jersey City and West New York. We are no more than a phone call away. Fill out our contact form or call (732) 388-5454 to schedule your free consultation today.
Car Accident Lawyer Rahway, NJ | Union County | Linden | RT 1
I’m Neal Caruso. Our firm has been representing motor vehicle accident victims for over four decades with a track record of great success. If you’ve been injured in an auto, truck, or motorcycle accident, you have come to the right place. Our team of attorneys, paralegals, and support staff will gladly answer any questions you may have. You come into our office or we can come to you to discuss your case in person. We only take a fee after you’ve received a financial award. You can call the number listed below to schedule a free consultation. We look forward to speaking with you.